Today, a major upgrade of the PLC-managed research nodes has been started. While the former installation was still based on the old Fedora Core 18 (F18) Linux distribution, the upgrade brings lots of new possibilities:
- State-of-the-art Fedora Core 23 (F23) Linux distribution
- Linux Kernel version 4.1.10
- Linux MPTCP version 0.90.1, including per-socket configurability
- All available congestion control modules for TCP and MPTCP provided
- The latest version of NetPerfMeter preinstalled into the slivers
While most nodes have already upgraded to F23, a few ones are currently still on F18. They will upgrade shortly.