We now have some FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE virtual machines in NorNet Core ready for testing and experiments! In case of interest in getting access/custom instances, just ask!
Some useful information on the FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE VM template:
- Many development tools (compilers, GNU R, Git, Subversion, etc.) are already preinstalled.
- The ports collection is also installed.
- «sudo» is configured, the user has sudo permissions.
- ~/src/KERN contains the SVN repository with the SCTP sources.
- ~/System-Info is a script for displaying important system information.
- ~/System-Maintenance is a script for an easy update of the machine (updates packages, ports, etc.).